Counter-Strike has some big news for you in this edition
- The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta has finally picked up. Check out their new content on their site. It also got massively updated with new maps and a much meatier variety of options.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is having a free weekend.
- Dear Esther has finally launched. Reviews vary wildly, from a masterwork of epic art to the most boring game ever made.
- Guild Wars 2 is in full development. It looks like it will have 300 player server vs server battles. Excellent. If it is like the other GW titles, it will be on Steam.
- We hope that the Far Cry series has enough Steam to keep going through Far Cry 3 and still be good. We hope.
- Valve and Blizzard/Activision are continuing to fight over DOTA. It is a spectacle bordering on the nonsensical, with neither company actually having created the original IP and shaky claims on both sides. This one is going to get worse before it gets better.
On the upside, as far as we know you will never be sued for playing too many Steam games. Hopefully that won’t ever change. Hopefully. As usual, be sure to leave us feedback on what you would like to hear about next edition. Help us help you!