While not as big of a week for Valve, there was still plenty of news in the gaming world. There were also quite a few big game releases, such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been released to rave reviews. The game is definitely worth a second look.
- Gamestop made a blunder by removing competitor coupons for Onlive from Deus Ex. They quickly had to eat some crow and mail out gift cards.
- Trailers are coming up for the new Counterstrike: Global Offensive. You can check out the newest one here and some of the sales on the first Counter-Strike here.
- Fans of Half-Life fan films may want to check out the additions to Escape from City 17.
- Gabe Newell has let people know how he feels about the content delivery networks of other companies: Sony good, Microsoft bad.
- Borderlands is on sale, we can only guess that this is in preparation for Borderlands 2.
- Rock of Ages is coming up in September. The game deserves a mention for two reasons, it is a strange game where you smash everything with a rock and people are already working on face mods for said rock. It could be an unexpected hit from major publisher Atlus.
- Trine 2 has been announced. This is good news for fans who enjoyed the puzzles of Trine 1.
- Bethesda is continuing its long tradition of releasing DLC for consoles before computers. This time they will release it early for Skyrim. Oh well.
- Torchlight 2 has had its price point set: $20. It promises to be much larger and host more players than the original Torchlight.
Some of you may be bothered that we are promoting Steam Addiction, but you have to look at the bigger picture. We are as addicted as you, and we all have to work through this together. Or just continue with it. As usual, be sure to leave us feedback on what you would like to hear about next edition. Help us help you!