Steam Addicts is proud to present you with our first weekly news wrap up. Here we’ll cover stories that didn’t get mentioned yet, some that need to be mentioned again and some special surprises for you.
- The game that won’t stay in its grave, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines is 75% off on steam right now. If you didn’t get a chance to play it, do it now. It’s a game so good that people re-install it 7 years after release.
- Duke Nukem Forever is getting DLC that parodies TF2 and Call of Duty.
- Fans love TF2 so much that they are taking it to the 2d world. You can download Gang Garrison and look forward to TF2 Arcade.
- Infinity Ward is going to great lengths to hinder the ability of some players to run over an entire enemy team by using Commando.
- In an amusing twist, Minecraft may be getting bosses like those in Terraria. In related news, the Terraria team is still hard at work on their upcoming patch.
- Fans of the Indie hit Recettear (also available on Steam) will be pleased to hear developer EasyGameStation has released another game to Steam. This time it’s a third person action RPG, Chatelise.
- In a story so big it has to be mentioned again, EA has previously removed Crysis 2 and recently Dragon Age 2 in a series of baffling moves.
- Guild Wars 2 is confirmed to be going into beta testing by the end of the year. So far it looks amazing, although developers are keeping quiet on many details.
- Valve has been giving a ton of attention to L4D2, including releasing classic levels and revamping old ones. The blog also promises to have all the L4D1 maps done eventually, it’s a good time to own L4D2.
Today we had 9 steps to help you work through the hard times of your Steam addiction but we might bump it up to a 12 step program. Be sure to leave us feedback on what you would like to hear about next edition. Help us help you!