A tropical paradise seethes with hidden evil in Far Cry, a cunningly detailed action shooter that pushes the boundaries of combat to shocking new levels.
Freelance mariner Jack Carver is cursing the day he ever came to this island. A week ago, a brash female reporter named Valerie had offered him an incredible sum of cash to take her to this unspoiled paradise. Shortly after docking, however, Jack’s boat was greeted by artillery fire from a mysterious militia group swarming about the island.
With his boat destroyed, his money gone, and the gorgeous Valerie suddenly missing, Jack now finds himself facing an army of mercenaries amidst the wilds of the island, with nothing but a gun and his wits to survive. But the further he pushes into the lush jungle canopy, the stranger things become.
Jack encounters an insider within the militia group who reveals the horrific details of the mercenaries’ true intentions. He presents Jack with an unsettling choice: battle the deadliest mercenaries, or condemn the human race to a maniac’s insidious agenda.
- Feel the Far Cry engine - The meticulously designed, next-generation Far Cry engine pushes the threshold of action gaming with proprietary Polybump mapping, advanced environment and character physics, destructible terrain, dynamic lighting, motion-captured animation, and total surround sound.
- Unparalleled long-range gunplay - Battle to the ends of the earth with Far Cry’s utterly unique, 800-meter scalable view system. Lock onto enemies from a distance with motion-sensing binoculars. Then choose your style of attack – from long-range sniping to ballistic close-quarters firefights – and everything in between.
- Cunning and complex AI tactics - Battles never become repetitive when you face Far Cry’s unpredictable, intelligent AI mercenary units trained in advanced adaptive group tactics. Units include snipers, stalkers, scouts, and grenadiers who engage you from all angles, distances, and terrains in coordinated strikes. Commanders will even call for reinforcements by land, sea, or air.
- Diverse combat action - Master a dynamic slate of combat skills – close-quarters combat, long-range shooting, search-and-destroy tactics, stealth operations, and combat driving skills through indoor and outdoor environments.
- Heart-pounding atmosphere - Experience unprecedented drama and realism in a misleadingly perfect setting, with incredible lighting and shadows, adaptive audio, and weather effects.
Far Cry 2:
You are a gun for hire, trapped in a war-torn African state, stricken with malaria and forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to make this country your home.
You must identify and exploit your enemies’ weaknesses, neutralizing their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and of course brute force.
- Fire — Feel the heat of the most realistic fire ever seen in a video game! Use wind and propagation to surround and trap your enemies. Grab your Molotov cocktails or flamethrowers to take out your enemies.
- Destructible environment — No more obstacles: Everything is breakable and alterable, even in Multiplayer mode. The DUNIA engine’s RealTree technology also delivers the most realistic nature deterioration system ever.
- Open world — Experience real freedom while roaming in more than 50km2 without any loading. Choose your own path in this vast environment and explore a living African world.
- A huge adventure — Fight for two rival factions, and make your way up to your primary target by any means necessary. Take on over 70 side missions to earn valuable information, new weapons and vehicles.
- Non-scripted artificial intelligence — Medics will drag wounded soldiers to safety. Grunts will come to fear you. Your reputation and in-game actions will make enemies drop their guns and run for their lives. Feel the tension of never knowing just how an enemy will react.
- MULTIPLAYER — Challenge your friends but watch your back—you never know who your true friends are and who might betray you! All the single player technical features are also present in multiplayer mode.
Buy Far Cry Complete for $4.99 today and save 75% off the regular price of $19.98.