Loosely based on (or “inspired by”, if you will) the classic Bard’s Tale series that began as an Apple II RPG in 1985, this new installment brings a fresh dose of comedy to the genre with a 3D isometric view that runs on the Champions of Norrath engine. Is a dragon terrorizing the locals? The Bard will take care of it… for the right price. Local princess held captive? The Bard is your man… as long as she’s hot. Use the Snarky/Nice conversation to pick the tone — be an ass or show some class. Your attitude will affect the events that unfold and create a personalized experience for each player. Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding – sixteen summoned creatures in all. The game runs on the Champions of Norrath engine and features locations based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland – the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
- The modern interpretation of the original Bard’s Tale, the grandfather of all role-playing games, by its original producer – Brian Fargo.
- A new generation third-person, action/role-playing game featuring wicked humor and clever personality.
- Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things…coin and cleavage. Play the role of the Bard as he gets swept up in a harrowing adventure that proves too much for countless chosen one but hopefully not for you.
- Use the Snarky/Nice conversation to pick the tone… be an ass or show some class. Your attitude will affect the events that unfold and create a personailized experience for each player.
- Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding – sixteen summoned creatures in all.
Buy The Bard’s Tale today for $4.99 and save 50% off the regular price of $9.99.