Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Updated the shared interfaces for the TF2 Free To Play update
- Updated the shared localization files
Team Fortress 2
- TF2 is now Free To Play
- Added the Uber Update: http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/
- Added PL_Barnblitz, a new Payload map
- Added all kinds of new goodies!
- The Main menu now has a “Start Playing” option which presents users with various game modes to choose from. Once selected, the game matches the player into the best available server for that mode.
- The Crafting interface has been redesigned to accommodate the fact that crafting blueprints are always known to players now.
- The Item selection screen in Loadouts has been redesigned to support selection among a larger number of items.
- Training improvements:
- New training user interface
- Added “A,W,S,D” movement instruction to Soldier training
- Added ammo instruction to Engineer training
- Clarified many instructional strings
- Added new voting sounds
- Fixed various Coaching bugs
- Fixed various gameplay bugs